Madrid, Bogotá, Warsaw & Beyond
Our first three hands-on technical workshops for skilled web app developers take place in Madrid, Spain, on Saturday, April 20; in Bogotá, Colombia on Saturday, May 18; and in Warsaw, Poland on Saturday, June 1. We hope to announce more workshops in more locales later in the season.
Who Should Apply
We’re looking for small teams or solo developers with solid ideas and strong web development skills. If you’ve already built a successful PhoneGap, Chrome, webOS, Blackberry WebWorks app, or other open web app for mobile or desktop, we’d love to work with you on migrating your existing app or building a new one. Mozilla engineers and tech evangelists will help participants complete an app or port an existing one to the Firefox OS phone and into the Firefox Marketplace.
Please apply now if you’d like to attend any of these workshops. We’ll be reviewing applications as they come in, with a focus on our first locations. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
What We’ll Offer
- A great place to hack.
- Hands-on help from Firefox OS developers.
- Food, drink and demos. And t-shirts, of course.
- More code, less talk.
- Firefox OS Developer Preview phones, really!
How to Prepare
There’s more than one way to start building Firefox apps. Here are a few resources to get you started:
- Firefox OS Quick Start
- Getting started with Open Web Apps – why and how
- Using WebAPIs to make the web layer more capable
- Introducing Web Activities
- What is a FirefoxOS App anyways? (video introduction)
- Learn about the latest Firefox OS Simulator
- Read the docs: Creating Apps for Firefox OS
About Havi Hoffman [Editor]
Developer Relations team content wrangler & writer, Hacks blog editor, creator of programs and events for developers designed to inform, inspire and extend the open web. Lately, Mozilla Tech Speakers. And a garden in Silicon Valley.