This week Mozilla’s Developer Engagement team suggest reading about Offline First – A better HTML5 User Experience, Prefetching resources, the Ultimate Social Media Sizing Cheat Sheet and more!
If there is anything you think we should read or know about, don’t hesitate to post a comment, contact us on Twitter or through any other means.
The picks this week are:
- On Being a Junior Developer by Matt Sencenbaugh – Tips he’d have liked to receive.
- Why Software Engineers are (Vastly) Undervalued
- Offline First – A better HTML5 User Experience
- Prefetching resources to prime the browser cache for the next page
- Digital Creativity Guidebook in the Creative Sandbox by Google
- The Ultimate Social Media Sizing Cheat Sheet – Infographic showing you all the dimensions and parts for your outreach
- Ethiopian kids hack OLPCs in 5 months with zero instruction
- Risk of robot uprising wiping out human race to be studied
- Using Markdown and the Mou editor for blogging
The Developer Engagement team
Mozilla’s Developer Engagement team work with writing articles, documentation – such as MDN (Mozilla Developer Network) – public speaking and generally helping and informing about open technologies and Mozilla products. If you are interested in following our work, here are the team members:
- Christian Heilmann (@codepo8)
- Eric “Sheppy” Shepherd (@sheppy)
- Havi Hoffman (@freshelectrons).
- Janet Swisher (@jmswisher)
- Jean-Yves Perrier (@teoli2003)
- Jeff Griffiths (@canuckistani)
- Joe Stagner (@MisfitGeek)
- John Karahalis (@openjck)
- Rob Hawkes (@robhawkes)
- Robert Nyman (@robertnyman)
- Stormy Peters (@storming)
- Tristan Nitot (@nitot)
About Robert Nyman [Editor emeritus]