It’s Thursday and time for us in Mozilla’s Developer Engagement Team to share some great links!
At the end of this blog post, you also have all the Developer Engagement team members and what they work on. If you are interested in discussing more, contributing or taking part of our work, don’t hesitate to contact us or follow us on Twitter!
If there is anything you think we should read or know about, don’t hesitate to post a comment, contact us on Twitter or through any other means.
The picks this week are:
- Introducing Mozilla Webmaker – The goal: help millions of people move from using the web to making the web!
- OpenSignalMaps – Android Fragmentation Visualized
- Stacey, The Lightweight Content Management System
- Self-updating scripts – a way to have longer cache times and update resources when necessary for third party scripts
- Install the tree command for terminals in Mac OS X, ‘brew install tree’, through the excellent Homebrew
- HTML5 101 for the .NET Developer
- Discussing pros and cons with Ubuntu – please chime in, in a constructive fashion!
- WebGL: 80 000 particles
- Creating an Animated 3D Bouncing Ball with CSS3 (via Cory)
The Developer Engagement team
Mozilla’s Developer Engagement team work with writing articles, documentation – such as MDN (Mozilla Developer Network) – public speaking and generally helping and informing about open technologies and Mozilla products. If you are interested in following our work, here are the team members:
Eric “Sheppy” Shepherd
Eric is the Developer Documentation Lead for the MDN documentation and everything surrounding it.
Janet is working on MDN documentation and is organizing doc sprints to ensure we have premium quality on MDN.
Jean-Yves is another one of our technical writers working on MDN documentation.
Jeff is working with the Add-ons SDK (Jetpack).
Joe is working with Web Apps Developer Ecosystem & Partner Engagement, HTML5 and the Open Web.
Rob is working on HTML5 games and the Open Web.
Shezmeen is working on everything regarding events, organization and connecting conferences with Mozilla speakers.
Stormy is the Team Lead for the Developer Engagement team. managing it and evaluating our objectives.
Tristan is our Mission Evangelist and is focusing on the bigger picture of Mozilla.
Will is working on documentation for the Add-ons SDK (Jetpack).