This past March, some of the most creative web developers out there showed us what they could do for the mobile Web in the March Dev Derby contest. After looking through the entries, our our three expert judges–Craig Cook, Franck Lecollinet, and Guillaume Lecollinet–decided on three winners and two runners-up.
Not a contestant? There are other reasons to be excited. Most importantly, all of these demos are completely open-source, making them wonderful lessons in the exciting mobile experiences you can create today using only the skills you already have.
- First place: Memory Cube by sophomore Jesus Perez
- Second place: Writerrific by designer and developer Laurens Debackere
- Third place: Loc Tag by newcomer bzub
- Paint my dash by mobile Web lover Giovanny Andrés Góngora Granada
- Ubercalc by the always impressive JoanC
The March Derby saw some great entries, from games to productivity applications to wonderfully useful location-based services and more. Please join me in congratulating these winners and all of our contributors for making the wireless world a better and more exciting place.
Want to get a head start on an upcoming Derby? We are now accepting demos related to getUserMedia (May) and WebGL (June). Head over to the Dev Derby to get started.