This past weekend, a small band of hardy MDN contributors pitched in for the first of a monthly series of doc sprints. This sprint was organized on fairly short notice, yet a significant amount of work was accomplished.
Web standards docs
- Jérémie Patonnier created a bunch of API reference pages for MozMobileConnection, and SVG attributes dx and dy, and did a “crazy bunch of clean up” on the SVG documentation.
- Michael Beckwith cleaned up writing on isNan and indexOf, and made minor touchups to :active.
- Kevin Brosnan updated the compatibility info in Supported media formats.
- fusionchess expanded the paragraph on passing data in Using web workers and added an example of a generic “asynchronous eval()”.
Firefox OS and Apps
- Gangadhar Nittala made his first contribution to MDN by changing the Apps manifest article to indicate that the .webapp extension for the file is mandatory, not just recommended.
- Jonathan Watt added a section to Preparing for your first B2G build on how to update your B2G tree.
- nullspace further clarified in Preparing for your first B2G build that there are gigabytes of Android libraries to download, which can take tens of hours (or days).
- Cory Gackenheimer updated Web Console for bug 623749.
- Trevor Hobson updated Styling a tree to reflect changes in Gecko 22.
- Florian Scholz worked on Firefox dev-doc-needed issues:
- Documented that a Mac OS X backend for the DeviceLightEvent is now implemented.
- Updated CanvasRenderingContext2D for the now-implemented isPointInStroke method.
- Documented the rename of the allowfullscreen attribute of the HTML iframe element in Firefox 18 and WebKit Nightly (was prefixed).
- Documented that DOMImplementation.hasFeature() and Node.isSupported() will always return true starting with Firefox 19.
- Noted that createElement(null) works like createElement(“null”) starting with Firefox 19.
- Tom Schuster worked on lots of little dev-doc-needed bugs.
- donghao526 updated the simplified Chinese translation of The essentials of an extension.
- darktrojan added a table about bootstrap data in Bootstrapped extensions.
- Cykesiopka updated the join() example in Path manipulation so that the MDN and Gecko in-source documentation match.
- the prisoner updated the French translations of Firefox 19 for developers and Firefox 20 for developers.
- complynx fixed links to mutation observers in Mozilla event reference.
- Ernest Chiang updated the traditional Chinese translation of Persona Quick Setup.
About Janet Swisher
Janet is the Community Lead and Project Manager for MDN Web Docs. She joined Mozilla in 2010, and has been involved in open source software since 2004 and in technical communication since the 20th century. She lives in Austin, Texas, with her husband and a standard poodle.