About a month ago Chris Heilmann of Mozilla went to Miami, Florida to shoot a series of training videos with Rey Bango of Microsoft.
Now these videos are available on Microsoft’s Channel9 as the FoxIE training series.
In a very off-the-cuff discussion format between Rey and Chris we covered a few topics:
- Introducing FoxIE has us introducing the series and frolick on the beach (notice the uncomfortable expression of the ginger in the sun)
- Web tools and browser testing covers ways to ensure cross-browser support during development
- The great divide: coping with modern and legacy browsers teaches you how to treat the elderly (IE6) with respect without blocking the next generation
- Implementing modern web standards talks about how to embrace standards and write predictable code
- HTML5 and modern web development talks about the new and cool and how to use it without blocking people out
If you want to present the Mozilla talks yourself, we uploaded the slides in various formats and the code examples with lots of explanations on how to present them to GitHub:
All the videos are available in HTML5 format and to download as MP4 and WMV for offline viewing.
About Chris Heilmann
Evangelist for HTML5 and open web. Let's fix this!