Update 2012-05-08: Thanks to last-minute magic by Mozilla IT, MDN won’t be completely unavailable after all. However, it will be running on a single virtual machine rather than three physical servers, so expect worse than usual performance during the time frame described below.
Mozilla Developer Network will be down for maintenance and completely unavailable for approximate eight hours on Tuesday, May 8th, 2012, starting at 15:00 UTC (Tue 17:00 CET, Tue 11:00 US-EDT, Tue 8:00 US-PDT). It should be back online by 00:00 UTC on Wednesday May 9th (Wed 02:00 CET, Tue 20:00 US-EDT, Tue 17:00 US-PDT).
During this time, the site will not be available for viewing or editing, so please make sure to save all your edits and be prepared in advance — maybe go outside and get some fresh air — MDN will be back before you know it.
Meanwhile, here are some alternative resources:
Open Web standards:
- DocHub mirrors content from MDN and other sources
- Dev.Opera has lots of Web technology articles
- W3C Web Design and Applications is a landing page for Web standards
- Safari Developer Library has many articles on Web development
- Mozilla wiki has all kinds of information related to the Mozilla project