It has been a slow couple of weeks for MDN doc changes, due to the holidays. However, a few things of note have happened.
Web standards docs
- Jean-Yves Perrier continues working through the CSS reference. Now up to the letter F (font-*)!
- Jesper Kristensen added a browser compatibility table to Media formats supported by the audio and video elements.
- Kevin Lim started pages for File APIs and created the reference docs for the FileSystem API (one of the File APIs). She also wrote the first draft of an expository article: Basic concepts about the filesystem API.
- Thomas Bilk created a page for HTML <nobr>.
- During the first “Mercredi Doc” session of 2012 at the Mozilla Paris office, several pages were translated into French:
- Fred Bourgeon translated CSS animation and created a French version of the SeeCompatTable macro.
- Timothée Carry-Caignon started translating How to write forward-compatible websites.
- During Mercredi Doc, Jeremie Patonnier also documented the SVG fill-opacity attribute.
Eric Shepherd created an article on Updating add-ons for Firefox 10.
Thanks to everyone for their contributions in 2011, and we look forward to more improvements to the documentation on MDN in 2012.
About Janet Swisher
Janet is the Community Lead and Project Manager for MDN Web Docs. She joined Mozilla in 2010, and has been involved in open source software since 2004 and in technical communication since the 20th century. She lives in Austin, Texas, with her husband and a standard poodle.