If you’ve been here last week, you might have seen the webinar and geolocation Q&A with Remy Sharp. Sadly enough, we had a problem recording the screen so we recorded this replacement screencast yesterday night to give you a quick introduction to the Geolocation API.
Once you are up to speed (or refreshed your memory) why not go and build something for this month’s Developer Derby?
You can see the video on any HTML5 enabled device here (courtesy of vid.ly).
- The simple geolocation example shown in the screencast
- The W3C geolocation specs
- A polyfill to add support to older browsers
- The distance between your IP location and the browser geolocation
- The “things around you” demo shown in the screencast
About Chris Heilmann
Principal Evangelist at Mozilla for HTML5 and open web. Let's fix this!