This is an exciting release because we have built on the progress we made with Firefox 3.5 just a few months ago and have implemented even more cutting-edge features that will make the Web experience more engaging and interactive than ever before.
Today’s Firefox 3.6 release and the upcoming mobile release of Firefox for Maemo are both based on Gecko 1.9.2 and bring a number of big features including:
- New CSS3 features: Improve your style with support for gradients, multiple backgrounds, pointer-events and more.
- Drag and Drop: It has never been easier to move files from your desktop to the Web. You can now drag content into the browser window and leverage the FileAPI for instant access to that content.
- File API: Support for the latest HTML5 specification allows Web applications to access local files and interact with them in new ways.
- Web Open Font Format (WOFF): Add a touch of typography to the Web with WOFF support, which makes even more possible than the existing support for OpenType and TrueType fonts.
- Device orientation: Discover new ways to manipulate and interact with Web content with access to the orientation of supported laptops and devices.
- XMLHttpRequest improvements and more…