The latest Firefox 4 Beta has just been released (get it here). This beta comes with hundreds of bug fixes, Firefox Sync and Firefox Panorama. Here is a quick overview of the new features for web developers.
- Firefox now supports the HTML5 video “buffered” property;
- HTML5 video “autobuffer” has been replaced with “preload”;
- An experimental CSS extension: drawing arbitrary elements as backgrounds with -moz-element;
- Increase default disk cache size from 50M to 250M (bug);
- Faster access to some DOM properties (.id, .className, .style, …) (see bugs 584287 and 584293).