View Source is an intimate, single-track conference for web developers, now in its second year.
View Source 2016 takes place in Berlin, Germany, September 12-14, beginning with Ignite lightning talks on Monday evening, followed by two full days of great presenters, curated conversations, and sociable evenings. Tickets are still on sale.
Here’s a quick look at our lineup of main stage speakers — 16 great reasons to go! Discounted tickets are still available if you register now. (Note: this link applies the MOZHACKS discount. Bring a friend!). We’d love to meet you there.
Sixteen speakers, and much, much more
Belén Albeza – engineer and game developer on the Mozilla Developer Relations Team.”Coding like a girl since 1996.”
- View Source talk: You Might Not Need a CSS Framework
- Github: https://github.com/belen-albeza
- Website: Belén Albeza
- View Source talk: Laying out the future with Grid and Flexbox
- Github: https://github.com/rachelandrew
- Website: Rachel Andrew
Hadley Beeman – Open data, open standards & technology policy. “Mission: Using open data, open standards and online collaboration to improve government and daily life.”
- View Source keynote: State of the Web
View Source Conference is the inaugural Mozilla hosted web developer conference held at the Gerding Theater in Portland, OR from November 2-4, 2015. (© Photo by Jakub Mosur Photography)
Myles Borins – “musician, artist, developer and inventor. He works for IBM spending most of his time contributing to the node.js ecosystem.”
- View Source talk: I’m offline, cool! What now?
- Github: https://github.com/zoepage
Dominique Hazael-Massieux – “W3C Staff, working on next generation of Web technologies (incl JS APIs and WebRTC), with specific mobile focus.”
- View Source talk: Web, meet Virtual Reality
- Github: https://github.com/dontcallmedom
- View Source talk: Type is Your Right!: Performance and Web Typography
- Github: https://github.com/helenvholmes
Jeremy Keith – “An Irish web developer working with @Clearleft curating @dConstruct, and more.”
Robert Nyman – “Global Lead for Developer Feedback & Communities, Web Platform, at Google. Helps developers in creating great things!”
- View Source keynote: The Future of the Web – Progressive Web Apps and Beyond
- Website: Robert Nyman
Tracy Osborn – “Author of @HelloWebApp and creator of @WeddingLovely. Designer-developer-entreprenerd who loves being outside and climbing mountains.”
- View Source talk: Design for Non-Designers
- Github: https://github.com/hellowebapp
- Website Tracy Osborn
Lena Reinhard – “Team Lead @TravisCI, Speaker, Photographer, Feminist Killjoy.”
- View Source keynote: Existing in Tech
- Website: Lena Reinhard
Dan Shappir – “My job is to make 85 million websites… load and execute faster #perfmatters”
- View Source talk: Things You Can Do In ES6 That Can’t Be Done In ES5
- Github: https://github.com/DanShappir
Jen Simmons – “Designer Advocate at Mozilla. Host & executive producer of The Web Ahead podcast. Excited about new CSS for web page layout & revolutionizing editorial design.”
- View Source talk: Revolutionize Your Page: Real Art Direction on the Web
- Podcast: The Web Ahead
- Website: Jen Simmons
Mike Taylor – “Web Compat at Mozilla. I mostly tweet about crappy code.”
- View Source talk: Doing the Unstuck: How to make browsers compatible with the web
- Github: https://github.com/miketaylr
- Website: miketaylrdotcom
Estelle Weyl – “0.10X Engineer. Snuggler of dogs. Trainer of slugs. Never has an opinion. Always has many.”
- View Source talk: ECMAScript 2015: Why It Took So Long
- Github: https://github.com/estelle
- Website: Standardista
Chris Wilson – “World Wide Web Shaman. Freethinker.”
- View Source talk: Progressive Web Apps
- Github: https://github.com/cwilso
It’s a brilliant lineup.
And that’s just a rundown of the main stage speakers for Tuesday and Wednesday. The View Source experience begins Monday evening with a collection of Ignite talks, and the schedule continues with workshops, demos, discussion areas, and evening social events through Wednesday. Join us!
If you can’t be in Berlin next month…
Rest assured that all the View Source speaker talks will be recorded and made available after the event. We will let you know where to find them as they are released. Want to have a look at last year’s conference talks? Check out the View Source 2015 channel on Air Mozilla, Mozilla’s video platform. Got questions, comments, concerns? Please tweet to @viewsourceconf and we will respond.
About Havi Hoffman
Content wrangler & cat herder on the Developer Relations team. Also Mozilla Hacks blog editor and Mozilla Tech Speakers program co-founder.