By rights, today’s edition of “State of the Docs” should be a little light, since it has been only a week and a half since a very productive documentation sprint. But our amazing documentation contributors collectively do not rest, and so there is still lots to mention.
Web standards docs
- Airportyh added compatibility info to event.defaultPrevented.
- Will Bamberg updated Browser detection using the user agent.
- Ethertank created or updated translations on a bunch of Japanese pages.
- Fusionchess continued to be prolific:
- Added an example of using a Blob object to Using XMLHttpRequest.
- Added an example of the constructor to Blob.
- Updated and expanded Object defineProperty.
- Modified the example for using ‘apply’ to chain constructors in Function apply.
- Created a page for JXON.
- Made JSON consistent with other technology landing pages.
- Added a code example and cross-references to How to create a DOM tree.
- Fusionchess and Hitautodestruct both expanded the information on ternary evaluation Conditional operator.
- Bertrand Malet added code examples to element.onmouseout and element.onmouseover.
- Masayuki updated KeyboardEvent and added ‘getModifierState’ to MouseEvent.
- Timoté Neullas translated Adding 2D content to a WebGL context into French.
- OoOoOoOo created border-image-slice.
- Jeremie Patonnier created pages for the SVG attributes color and color-profile.
- Thierry Régagnon added browser compatibility info to transition-duration and translated several other pages into French.
- Eric Shepherd added a list of status codes to the WebSockets CloseEvent reference page.
- Masataka Yakura updated compatibility and added external references to console.dir, console.log, console.error, console.info, console.warn, Blob and BlobBuilder.
- Ziyunfei translated or updated translations on a bunch of Chinese pages. Really, really a lot of Chinese pages.
Mozilla technology docs
- Malina Das created a page on Emulator integrated tests for Marionette and updated Marionette Python tests.
- Greg Koberger added info on serving manifests from Apache to Apps Manifest
- Nickolay Ponomarev added a section on instructions supported in bootstrapped extensions to Chrome registration, updated and corrected Bootstrapped extensions, and updated nsIComponentManager.
- Eric Shepherd created a page to document Using the source editor in Firefox developer tools.
- Till Schneidereit created Setting up CDT to work on SpiderMonkey.
About Janet Swisher
Janet is the Community Lead and Project Manager for MDN Web Docs. She joined Mozilla in 2010, and has been involved in open source software since 2004 and in technical communication since the 20th century. She lives in Austin, Texas, with her husband and a standard poodle.