To organize and prioritize documentation work on Mozilla Developer Network, we are setting up a system for topic drivers. The person who is the driver for each topic area will prioritize the work for that subject and help ensure that things get written when appropriate. If you’re interested in driving the docs for a particular area, speak up on the dev-mdc mailing list, or in the #devmo channel on irc.mozilla.org. If you have questions about the docs for a particular topic area, seek out that topic’s driver in IRC, e-mail, or Twitter (or ask the community in general if you can’t find that person).
Here’s a sampling of the activity of our splendid documentation community over the past couple of weeks.
Web standards docs
- Vikash Agrawal started an Introduction to HTML page.
- Louis Remi Babé added a section converting angles to Using deviceorientation in 3D transforms.
- Leo Balter added a section on array-like objects to Array slice.
- Owen Coutts added an example to DeviceMotionEvent.
- David Desandro added a section about setTimeout to Function bind.
- ender7 corrected the return values for Node.compareDocumentPosition.
- Hans Hillen expanded or created pages for a whole slew of (about 16) ARIA techniques and attributes.
- Jürgen Jeka added deprecation notices to several DOM reference pages.
- Daniel Lewis added code for a compatibility shim to Date toISOString.
- Kevin Lim (a.k.a. Kevin Lim the Mighty of Monte Vista) wrote a bunch of docs on File System API and its children articles (14) and Basic concepts about the File System API.
- Jérémie Patonnier created pages for the SVG attributes markerHeight and markerWidth.
- Jean-Yves Perrier wrote an explanation of what CSS3 is and is not; created border-image-source and border-bottom-left-radius, border-top-left-radius, border-top-right-radius, and border-bottom-right-radius; and made a bunch of other improvements to the CSS reference.
- Thierry Régagnon added specification status info to several CSS pages, such as background-color and background-attachment, added browser compatibility to Child selectors and Adjacent sibling selectors, and translated CSS attr into French.
- Vasilis van Gemert added Safari compatibility info to :any.
- Rob W corrected and improved Node.insertBefore and added compatibility info on that page and element.addEventListener.
- wesj added an example to SVGLength.
Mozilla technology docs
- Archaeopteryx created reference pages for a bunch of Mozilla preferences, such as browser.download.lastDir.savePerSite and browser.search.context.loadInBackground.
- Mark Giffin created an FAQ page about app manifests.
- Axel Grude created nsIMsgHeaderParser.
- Nicholas Nethercote expanded Common causes of memory leaks in extensions, which Nmaier and Girish Sharma also edited.
- Neil Rashbrook updated nsIWinApphelper and added content to mozIPersonalDictionary.
- Colby Russell expanded the Overlays section of DOM Inspector internals.
- wesj added an example to nsIStackFrame.
- yyss translated Firefox 11 for developers into Japanese.
- Jennifer Zickerman created a page for Thunderbird enterprise tips.