Here are some of the changes to the Mozilla Developer Network site in the week and a half since the recent doc sprint.
We had a snafu for a few days last week when a server crashed in the middle of a move of the DOM reference hierarchy, causing many DOM reference pages to apparently disappear. That situation has now been fixed.
We have a recurring issue with the wiki software, where the syntax highlighting extension fails to load, causing an error message to appear in place of code examples. While we wait for a patch to be backported by the vendor, we have a script in place that detects this situation and corrects it. While you might still occasionally see those error messages, they should be less frequent and persistent than previously.
Web standards docs
- Eric Bidelman updated the Mouse Lock API.
- Luke Crouch added an Apache example to Server-side access control.
- Has Hillen expanded the ARIA technique article on Using the dialog role.
- Burak Yigit Kaya added a JSFiddle example to HTML in XMLHttpRequest.
- Gijs Kruitbosch added a compatibility table to window.frameElement.
- Jeremie Patonnier updated DOMParser to cover parsing HTML fragments.
- Eric Shepherd documented the DOM console and related objects.
- Wolfgang Germund updated nsIZioReader and nsIZipReaderCache.
- Sam Hanes updated Document Loading – From Load Start to Finding a Handler. The diagram in this article still needs to be updated.
- Anthony Hughes documented Merging the ESR branch.
- Nickolay Ponomarev added a list of mouse gesture events to Gecko-specific DOM events.
- Colby Russell expanded DOM Inspector internals.
- Eric Shepherd beefed up the coverage of the Web console.
- Sid0 update the article on Windows SDK versions.