We like our routines here in Mozilla’s Developer Engagement team , and just like every Thursday, it’s time to share some good links!
At the end of this blog post, you also have all the Developer Engagement team members and what they work on. If you are interested in discussing more, contributing or taking part of our work, don’t hesitate to contact us or follow us on Twitter!
If there is anything you think we should read or know about, don’t hesitate to post a comment, contact us on Twitter or through any other means.
The picks this week are:
- Mobile/Open Web – MozillaWiki: Jean-Yves Perrier has listed off priorities and ideas for opening the mobile web.
- Spaceships – Explore a Wide Range of Space Vessels – EVE Online: using WebGL, Canvas and Pushstate
- Why Mobile Matters: Data point: Number of babies born in a day – 371K. Number of iPhones sold: 378K. Need we say more?
- Browser ID – GoDjango.com
- 6 Steps to Kill Your Community by Matt Mullenweg
- Free-ranged Ethically Treating APIs
- A systematic approach to making web applications accessible – You were going to do step 1 (use native HTML tags) anyway, right?
- HTML5 Clear on Vimeo
- HTML5-Clear on GitHub
- The iPhone monoculture
- Responsive Images Community Group
- NUKEMAP by Alex Wellerstein
- Overthrow: An overflow polyfill for responsive design
- Bootswatch: –Proof of success of a framework – tools develop, like this: “Add color to your Bootstrap site without touching a color picker.”
The Developer Engagement team
Mozilla’s Developer Engagement team work with writing articles, documentation – such as MDN (Mozilla Developer Network) – public speaking and generally helping and informing about open technologies and Mozilla products. If you are interested in following our work, here are the team members:
Barry is our Creative Instigator and is working on interesting and limit-breaking demos.
Christian is Mozilla’s Principal Evangelist and is working with HTML5, Open Web, BrowserID and Developer Tools in Firefox. He is also maintaining the @mozhacks account together with Robert Nyman.
Eric “Sheppy” Shepherd
Eric is the Developer Documentation Lead for the MDN documentation and everything surrounding it.
Havi works with Mozilla Labs and WebFWD, and maintains the @mozlabs account.
Janet is working on MDN documentation and is organizing doc sprints to ensure we have premium quality on MDN.
Jean-Yves is another one of our technical writers working on MDN documentation.
Jeff is working with the Add-ons SDK (Jetpack).
Joe is working with Web Apps Developer Ecosystem & Partner Engagement, HTML5 and the Open Web.
Rob is working on HTML5 games and the Open Web.
Robert is working with HTML5, Open Web, Firefox, WebAPI and maintains the @mozhacks account.
Shezmeen is working on everything regarding events, organization and connecting conferences with Mozilla speakers.
Stormy is the Team Lead for the Developer Engagement team. managing it and evaluating our objectives.
Tristan is our Mission Evangelist and is focusing on the bigger picture of Mozilla.
Will is working on documentation for the Add-ons SDK (Jetpack).
About Robert Nyman [Editor emeritus]