Last Thursday of March, so let’s celebrate that with some good links for you! Mozilla’s Developer Engagement team have just what you need to read.
At the end of this blog post, you also have all the Developer Engagement team members and what they work on. If you are interested in discussing more, contributing or taking part of our work, don’t hesitate to contact us or follow us on Twitter!
If there is anything you think we should read or know about, don’t hesitate to post a comment, contact us on Twitter or through any other means.
The picks this week are:
- Making textbook images more accessible
- About those vector icons – SVG is presented as a way to have one single image adapting to different sizes. But this is not the panacea as images won’t only be rescaled when their size is changed. The case study of icons and why SVG partially fails there.
- Great post on sensible git habits
- David Emery Online: Retina iPad vs The Web
- Understanding Browser Usage Share Data
- WebSaver: A WebKit-based Mac OS X screensaver
- maps.stamen.com: http://maps.stamen.com/
- Unleash the power of HTML 5 Canvas for gaming
- Stop solving problems you don’t yet have – The Devil’s advocate argument against boilerplate
The Developer Engagement team
Mozilla’s Developer Engagement team work with writing articles, documentation – such as MDN (Mozilla Developer Network) – public speaking and generally helping and informing about open technologies and Mozilla products. If you are interested in following our work, here are the team members:
Barry is our Creative Instigator and is working on interesting and limit-breaking demos.
Eric “Sheppy” Shepherd
Eric is the Developer Documentation Lead for the MDN documentation and everything surrounding it.
Janet is working on MDN documentation and is organizing doc sprints to ensure we have premium quality on MDN.
Jean-Yves is another one of our technical writers working on MDN documentation.
Jeff is working with the Add-ons SDK (Jetpack).
Joe is working with Web Apps Developer Ecosystem & Partner Engagement, HTML5 and the Open Web.
Rob is working on HTML5 games and the Open Web.
Shezmeen is working on everything regarding events, organization and connecting conferences with Mozilla speakers.
Stormy is the Team Lead for the Developer Engagement team. managing it and evaluating our objectives.
Tristan is our Mission Evangelist and is focusing on the bigger picture of Mozilla.
Will is working on documentation for the Add-ons SDK (Jetpack).